Keasbey, NJ (March 27, 2019)
– Price Rite Marketplace today announced the next step in its rebranding efforts with plans to reveal its fresh new look and improved in-store experience at five of its Connecticut stores in Cromwell, New Britain, West Hartford, Wethersfield and Windsor. The supermarket is introducing its award-winning redesigned store concept with programming focused on special deep discounts and enhanced fresh offerings on the heels of a successful store redesign at three of its Pennsylvania locations.
Customers who visit these five Connecticut stores during grand re-opening weekend celebrations beginning on March 29 will find even lower prices on hundreds of items, new and exciting private label and organic products, and stores redesigned to offer the best possible shopping experience.
To mark the occasion, Price Rite Marketplace is hosting community celebrations on March 29
with music, free sampling, giveaways and other fun events at the five Connecticut stores. Free samples will also be available at the stores on March 30
. During the lead-up to the event, Price Rite Marketplace’s “Spot Squad,” inspired by the stores’ “Spot on Savings!” promotional deals, will blanket the community with special discount offers, or “spots,” that can be redeemed during the grand re-opening weekend from March 29 – March 31
“We are pleased with the success from our three redesigned stores in Pennsylvania, where customers really responded to the new streamlined shopping experience and updated product mix,” said Jim Dorey, president of Price Rite Marketplace. “Now we’re proud to introduce this new store concept to our Connecticut shoppers in Cromwell, New Britain, West Hartford, Wethersfield, and Windsor.”
Last October, Price Rite Marketplace launched a redesigned store concept in three Pennsylvania stores to test the new store layout and its focus on quality fresh foods and money-saving features. Customers embraced the enhanced in-store experience, particularly the “Fresh New Look! Fresh New Deals! and Fresh New Finds!” across the store. These efforts were recognized with an award for industry excellence.
As part of the “Fresh New Look!” shoppers will find bright, revitalized store décor, including a market-style produce department with new LED lighting, vibrant color palettes and clear signage throughout the stores. The more open concept creates better sight lines for an easier and more convenient shopping experience. New self-service checkouts provide greater speed and convenience for shoppers on the go.
“Fresh New Deals!” are a customer highlight, and include the popular ‘Drop Zone,’ a unique in-store destination where customers can find extraordinary deals, special surprise buys and must-have products typically priced $5 or less.
In addition to the ‘Drop Zone,’ Price Rite Marketplace has lowered everyday prices on hundreds of items with its ‘Amazing Value!’ offers across the store. Customers will discover great weekly deals on their favorite items with new easy-to-find ‘Spot on Savings!’ signs, easy-to-shop bright red “spots” popping up in every aisle.
The new Price Rite Marketplace also offers many “Fresh New Finds!” with a wider selection of Wholesome Pantry products, with free-from, organic, and gluten-free options; plus, a double-your-money-back guarantee on Price Rite Marketplace brand products.
Shoppers will also find Price Rite Marketplace’s expansive and high-quality, yet affordable meats, with brands such as Certified Angus® Beef, Perdue’s No Antibiotics Ever Chicken, Wholesome Pantry organic chicken, and Oasis Halal.
Price Rite Marketplace is also committed to providing the freshest selection of produce and bakery items, including a new bakery department featuring the ‘The Sweet Spot’ dessert case and an enhanced produce department with a farmer’s market look and feel.
Grand Re-Opening Day Celebrations
Friday, March 29, 2019
Price Rite Marketplace of Cromwell: 136 Berlin Rd, Cromwell, CT
Price Rite Marketplace of New Britain: 150 Columbus Blvd, New Britain, CT
Price Rite Marketplace of West Hartford: 983 New Britain Ave, West Hartford, CT
Price Rite Marketplace of Wethersfield: 160 Silas Deane Hwy, Wethersfield, CT
Price Rite Marketplace of Windsor: 590 Windsor Ave, Windsor, CT
About Price Rite Marketplace
- In the run-up to the March 29 grand re-openings, a Price Rite Marketplace ‘Spot Squad’ street team will blanket the Cromwell, New Britain, West Hartford, Wethersfield and Windsor communities with “You’ve Been Spotted!” certificates.
- Customers who bring a “You’ve Been Spotted!” certificate to one of the five stores from March 29 – 31 will save $10 when they spend $30 or more, and $20 when they spend $50 or more.
- The first 100 customers who arrive at each store on Grand Re-opening day (March 29) will also be eligible to receive one of the “You’ve been spotted!“ certifcates. Stores open at 8 a.m. so be sure to get there early!
- Also starting at 8 a.m., guests will enjoy free samples, entertainment, an open-air photo booth and more exciting surprises. The fun continues throughout the weekend with free samples available March 30-31.
- The official ceremony and ribbon cutting will begin at 10 a.m.
- All customers who attend the community celebrations on March 29 between 8 a.m. and noon are invited to enter a drawing to win a $200 gift card.
Price Rite Marketplace is a registered trademark of Wakefern Food Corp., a retailer owned cooperative based in Keasbey, NJ and the largest supermarket cooperative in the United States. Price Rite Marketplace opened its first store in 1995 under the name Price Rite Supermarkets, and currently operates 65 grocery stores in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Maryland and Virginia. Committed to providing the best value for customers, Price Rite Marketplace delivers a simplified shopping experience with top name brand foods and products and expanded fresh produce and organic offerings at exceptional prices. Price Rite Marketplace is also dedicated to fighting hunger through its annual Check-Out Hunger fundraising campaign and partnerships with Feed The Children and local food banks. For more information, please visit www.priceritemarketplace.com.