Amherst, NY (April 15, 2018)
– Price Rite Marketplace, known for its streamlined shopping experience and exceptional prices, hosted the grand opening of its new 28,000-square-foot Price Rite of Amherst, located at 4224 Maple Road, on Sunday, April 15. The supermarket chain features a curated selection of fresh produce, natural and organic products and a variety of private label and national grocery brands, creating a simple and efficient way to shop. The store will add approximately 85 jobs to the local community.
In celebration of its official grand opening, the supermarket chain offered the first 250 customers in line a complimentary $25 Price Rite Marketplace gift card. The store hosted a ribbon cutting ceremony with Price Rite Marketplace executives, including President Jim Dorey, and local community leaders and Price Rite presented a $500 check each – $1,500 in total – to New Beginnings Food Pantry operated by Amherst Baptist Church, St. Leo's Pantry/SVDP and the North Bailey Volunteer Fire Company. Volunteers from the New Beginnings Food Pantry staffed a hot dog stand outside the store, with all proceeds from hot dog sales benefitting the food pantry.
“We are pleased to announce the opening of our new Amherst store, and excited to become a larger part of this community,” said Jim Dorey, president of Price Rite Marketplace. “Our company was built on the philosophy that customers should not have to sacrifice quality to save on price, and we look forward to delivering on that promise and providing a great shopping experience to the Amherst community. We are also introducing the new Price Rite Marketplace design concept to our existing area stores, which offers the best product selections and a streamlined shopping experience.”
The new Price Rite of Amherst employs the supermarket chain’s core values of low price, high quality and service, with a product selection balancing local items, national brands and top private label lines to make it easier for shoppers to find their favorite products. The store will offer a centerpiece produce department brimming with fresh fruits and vegetables, and a variety of ethnic products to cater to Price Rite Marketplace’s diverse customer base; a large selection of baked goods, seafood, dairy and frozen food; a “Sweet Spot” dessert case; packaged meats include organic and natural items, grass-fed offerings, Grade A poultry and USDA Choice cuts and Certified Angus® Beef products; and an assortment of organic and natural items including the new Wholesome Pantry line, a popular store brand line of organic and clean ingredient products. An added feature includes special buys that rotate regularly in the store, providing a better value than club stores, full-service and small box competitors.
Visitors to the new Price Rite Marketplace in Amherst will find a bright space featuring a clean, modern backdrop design of whitewashed wood throughout the store. The design was also recently introduced at Price Rite Marketplace locations on Kenmore Avenue and Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo and its location in Cheektowaga. In addition to the revitalized interior design, the transition in the Buffalo area introduces a more shopper friendly format and fresh, updated logo to its existing stores. The supermarket chain first introduced the implementation of its new concept at its Secane, PA, store in late 2017, and has plans to roll out the updated format throughout Price Rite’s nine-state footprint.
For the convenience of its customers, Price Rite Marketplace of Amherst will offer several programs and amenities to help save time and money, including:
- Manufacturer’s Coupon Acceptance Program – the supermarket chain now accepts manufacturer’s coupons, providing an added tool to help customers feed their families for less
- My Price Rite – a free service that provides special offers and savings directly to a personal mobile device (iOS or Android).
- Ibotta – a free mobile shopping app that offers users cash back on everyday purchases, allowing them to earn cash rewards, bonuses and store extras as they shop.
- Instacart – the technology-driven, nationwide on-demand grocery delivery service that allows customers to shop from home. Price Rite shoppers can select groceries and other items through the Instacart website or mobile app, which is compatible with iPhone and Android devices, and an Instacart shopper will deliver the order directly to customers’ doorsteps in as little as one hour.
Price Rite Marketplace of Amherst features some of the industry’s leading “green technologies,” including glass doors on dairy cases and energy-efficient lighting and refrigeration throughout its entire store.
The new Price Rite Marketplace of Amherst will be open Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Monday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
The supermarket chain is currently looking for new team members across its Buffalo area locations. To fill out an online application, visit www.PriceRiteSupermarkets.com/Join-Our-Team
, click “apply today” and select a location from the dropdown menu to view available positions.
For more information, please visit www.PriceRiteSupermarkets.com
About Price Rite Marketplace
Price Rite Marketplace is a registered trademark of Wakefern Food Corp., a retailer owned cooperative based in Keasbey, NJ and the largest supermarket cooperative in the United States. Price Rite Marketplace opened its first store in 1995 under the name Price Rite Supermarkets, and currently operates 65 grocery stores in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Maryland and Virginia. Committed to providing the best value for customers, Price Rite Marketplace delivers a simplified shopping experience with top name brand foods and products and expanded fresh produce and organic offerings at exceptional prices. Price Rite Marketplace is also dedicated to fighting hunger through its annual Check-Out Hunger fundraising campaign and partnerships with Feed The Children and local food banks. For more information, please visit www.priceritesupermarkets.com
# # #